Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Meet The Students

I have three children, ages 6, 4 and 1. At first I wasn't sure that I would want to use their real names on this blog,  so I thought for a while to see what pseudonyms I could come up with. As it turns out, that is really hard, at least for me. My husband suggested some funny ones, but I want something that my children could know about without feeling mocked or labelled (so hard for parents to avoid..).

The best I could come up with is: Blue, Red and Purple - in birth order. If you have read "I Love You The Purplest", then you can appreciate a reference to my kids' personalities, but it seemed to me like an otherwise neutral choice. As a curiosity, I chose Purple for the third one because that is what her name means in another language.

After getting this far, I tried to imagine writing about my children as colors and then it really sank on me - why am I making my life so difficult? So meet the students:

"Blue" is Rajiv, age 6

"Red" is Rohan, age 4

"Purple" is Viola, age 1

I think no harm can come from using their names and if at all one of the grandmother ends up reading this, at least they will not need a color chart to know who I am talking about :)


No comments:

Post a Comment